Friday, July 9, 2010

365 Days in the Life....

Today marks my 1 year anniversary in South Korea. I can't say it's been easy, but I can definitely say it's been a life changing experience.

This is my first time living overseas for a significant amount of time, and I will be sad to leave my temporary home. Over the past year I've learned a lot about myself as a person, a teacher, and more times than I can count, a student.

There were days I just wanted to go home, and days like this, when I realize the end of this trip will come all too soon.

Doing my best to stretch out each weekend....only 3 weeks of teaching left. The thought of saying goodbye to some of my students makes my eyes sting.

As you may have heard, our trip to Beijing fell through. China changed their Visa rules overnight, stating we would have to be living in Korea for 6 more months if we wanted a Visa. So we fought with the airline to get our money back and bought 2 tickets to Jeju Island. Jeju is called the Hawaii of Korea. I guess I'll have to settle for a tropical volcanic island.

Life is hard?
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment