Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rainy Weekends: Random Trips

This rainy weather is SERIOUSLY affecting my weekend agenda. Come on, Mother Nature! But I didn't let a little slightly acidic rain get in my way. B and I grabbed some umbrellas and hit the streets to do some shopping this weekend. We needed to get some gifts for friends and family back home, as well as visit a flea market I've been dying to check out for awhile.

The Seoul Folk Flea Market is truly a hidden gem. I enjoy thrifting and antiquing, so this 2 story hodge-podge of goods was like my version of a candy store. Unfortunately I can't share photos of the place. I don't want to spoil my surprises.

I have a bad habit of shopping for myself when shopping for others. I'm sure most people share in this self indulgence, but if I work hard picking out gifts for others, shouldn't I be rewarded? Probably not. BUT! You must see my finds!



I about died when I saw these box sets of records. It was hard to decide between dance party and cocktail piano time, but I couldn't resist the song selections of coctail piano time. A 5 record box set for around $8 ??? SOLD. I also found a Fleetwood Mac record for a little over a dollar. I can't WAIT to bust these out at home.

On Sunday I finished up the last of my shopping and went to Ilsan to visit my friend Elizabeth. We sat at a coffee shop and talked, her favorite. Her friend succesfully scared the crap out of me, talking about 2012. Ugh. Then, we got dinner and said goodbye. It reminded me how much I hate the whole "saying goodbye" thing. Only 3 more weeks...

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment