Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Redo?

After re-reading my last post, I'm pretty much disgusted. What a horrible post! Woof. Boring, uneventful, and well....there was no pizzazz. I need pizzazz. No, I don't mean large quanitites of pizzas. Actually, that doesn't sound bad either.
So I'm calling a redo. You remember those, right? Playing kickball in elementary school..attempting to kick the ball into outerspace but instead kicking up grass as the ball rolls on by?

RE.DO.

I have been in Korea for a solid year, now. In one years time, I have realized an ungodly amount about myself and the world around me.

Most importantly, I can safely say I know jack shit about life. Trust me, it's not easy to say and it gets worse as I stare at this sentence. I've always prided myself on my ability to pick up a book and get lost in it's text. I love to read. I love books. Even the horrible ones. I am inspired by stories of all kinds. Leatherbound, paperback, off the shelf, or out of the basement box. It's a habit I can't quit. What I've realized in my short year overseas, is that the best stories of my life will be lived under the sun, and not between the pages from my favorite authors. I can read about the bustling lanes of a faraway market, or I can take advantage of free will and experience it first hand. I've surprisingly had a harder time finishing books in Korea than any other time in my life. Probably because I'm too busy living.

Korea has been a wonderful place to call home for the last year. She's done right by me and I'm sure we'll have a heartfelt goodbye. For now, however, I'll continue to explore while I'm still here.


first day in Korea


24 more days.




-C

No comments:

Post a Comment